Monday, September 5, 2011

www.papercraftweekendchallenge.blogspot.com rocks!!!!!

Hi all!  I want you all to check out this awesome blog....each weekend Allison and Caroline post paper challenges to get your creative juices flowing....I first discovered them on the Cricut.com messageboard.  They helped me so much to get so many projects done.  I am definitely going to keep active with this new blog...you will get great ideas and motivation to keep working!  The fact that these are weekend challenges makes it so much for doable for me as I work all week and find it really hard to get creative after long weekdays!  The other great thing is these ladies are easy and loose (no I don't mean that in the smutty sense!)  there really are no rules with them...right or wrong you will get praise on whatever you come up with

So, without any further ado, here is my first project from this week's challenge...it was a sketch challenge and I needed to finish catching up with Lizzy's school album, so I used their sketch to make the following layout.  I used my Imagine machine from ProvoCraft to create the background papers using the JT Cartridge.  I also cut the images from that cartridge.  The number 5s are from the StoryBook Cartridge and I used the papers from JT.  I was also able to use the bakers twine I have been collecting...it is Divine Twine.  I always loved the look of the twine and felt it looked really cute wrapped around the pictures.  I am not sure if you noticed, but I journaled around the 5s...was able to document a lot of what Liz accomplished this last year.

3 comments: