Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wow...it has certainly been a while!

Hi everyone....I know, I know, it has been a while since I have posted anything here....been super busy with cheer practice, swim practice, work, life!  I have managed to do a project...this was completely new to me and it is totally scraplifted from Faith-Abigail's blog....check it out...i don't know how to post links yet, but if you do a search you will find her.

I did practically copy her wreath, but did add a few touches of my own...the paper is Recollections Midnight Magic stack from Michaels....can I just tell you that I adore this stack....have you ever seen Halloween toile???  Love it!!  The wreath is a styrofoam wreath I picked up at Mikes- it is wrapped with this cool orange sparkle ribbon I found at Walmart for get this, $1 a roll...I picked up 3 so I can make this wreath 2 more times - yay me!  The black paper is glitter paper that I actually paid $1.99 for - yikes - but it is so worth it!  The camera doesn't really do the sparkle justice...it is gorgeous!

I wrapped the wreath with the ribbon and then made all of the cutouts from Celebrate with a Flourish cart....the large rosettes are hand done with my Martha Stewart score board and the smaller rosettes are from the Tim Holtz rosette die...love that thing!  I put big rhinestone brads in some of the rosettes and some have buttons in the middle.

I used that really sticky red tape to put the cut outs on the wreath, but within a few hours the rosettes were falling off...so i ended up pinning everything on...they should stay there now!

Hope you like it!



3 comments: