Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Birdieday!

So, it has been a ridiculous amount of time since I have posted here and I am going to try to do better!  It was a rough fall with cheerleading taking over our lives, then the holidays came and along with the cheerleading and holidays came unbelievable gallbladder attacks which ultimately landed me in the emergency room on 12/21 - yes, 4 days before Christmas!  Had the gallbladder removed on the 23rd and was home in time for Christmas!
While on disability leave, I have been getting crafty and will be posting all of my work when I get the chance...unfortunately all good things must come to an end and back to work I go tomorrow - boo hoo!

Anyhoo....here is a a birthday card I made for my niece, Sydney, who is turning 14. I used the sketch that Allison posted in the Paper Crafter Weekend Challengers challenge for yesterday....check out that great blog at  papercraftweekendchallenge.blogspot.com .  I had no idea what to make for her....she lives in West Palm Beach, FL, so I don't get to see her and don't really know what her interests are....so here was my challenge for myself...I decided to open my drawer of cricut handbooks, close my eyes and pull one up...whatever cart came up, I would make a card from....Straight from the Nest was the lucky winner!  I wanted to incorporate my new favorite Imagine artwork cart...Notebook Doodles...just love those papers, so I used that for the background....the birdie is flocked and on an action wobbler!  I think it is kind of fun and it was great to use a cart that I haven't used in a while!
Let me know what your think!

4 comments:

  1. Cute card. The random cart selection would be a great challenge idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Elise - welcome back to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Elise! Glad to see your post and the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete