Thursday, January 26, 2012

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day Tea Party

Every year Lizzy and I have a Valentine's Day Tea Party for our little friends, Lizzie and Caroline.  Lizzie is 6 and Caroline is 4 this year.  We decided to really do it up this year and invite a few more of Lizzy's friends.  I have been busy getting decorations ready.
First I want to show you the placemats that I made for the table.  I was inspired by two things for this project...the first were some placemats I found at Target.  They are red and have a fork, a knife and a big heart for the plate.  While browsing the Cricut Circle Blog one day, I saw that Jana Eubank made her own placemats....she suggested getting them laminated which is what I did.
A few hints for these...first and most importantly source where you are going to laminate these and find out how big the shop can make them and how much!  Luckily I know the owner of the local copy shop and he gave me a good price of $2.00 a piece.  The only drawback is that the largest he could do was 11x17".  So, I took a 12"x12" piece of paper and cut it down to 10 1/2" and added two pieced of patterned card stock that were 21/4"x 10 1/2" and adhered them to the sides.  I cut the fork and knife from the From My Kitchen Cartridge and the heart came from Hannah Montanna Cartridge.  I think they came out cute and will be adorable on the table!

My next project was totally inspired by LindaK on the Cricut Messageboard.  She made an adorable cupcake card and attached earrings that she made as sprinkles.  This got me thinking that I can do that as party favors for the party!

I used my Imagine and the All Wrapped Up Cartridge and cut out the cupcake box at 9".  I made the earrings with Svarofsky (sp?) crystals I bought at Michaels.  I found earring backs online that were the same size - 5 mm and glued them onto the post with 600 glue.  I them put holes in the cupcake and attached the earrings in the centers of the flowers on the patterned paper.  These came out so cute...I am going to put Hershey Kisses in the boxes and the girls will have a great memento to take home with them!
Hope you like these projects for today...let me know what you think!  Check in tomorrow....I am the Guest Designer on Paper Crafters Weekend Challengers Blog!  I will be showcasing my Valentine's Day wreath.

3 comments:

  1. Great project! Thanks for the helpful laminating tips - the "extensions" are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Your projects turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to get an invite to that party!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete