Friday, January 27, 2012

Valentine's Day Wreath for papercraftweekendchallenge.blogspot.com

I was so honored to be asked by Caroline and Allison to create a project for their weekly blog.  This is what I came up with.  

I love to make home decor items with paper.  You have such a diverse selection of colors and patterns....it just makes me happy!
This wreath is similar to my Halloween wreath.  I found the My Mind's Eye Lovenest paper at AC Moore (used my gift card from Mom!) and knew this would make a gorgeous wreath.  I found some pink with brown polka dot ribbon that I thought would be so pretty with the paper.  I also found the Epiphany badge maker thingy which I thought would make pretty centers for the rosettes.
Well, once I started working on the wreath, I realized that that ribbon just wasn't going to work....it was not bold enough to stand up to the muted colors of the paper.  I mosied my way to Michaels where they had their Christmas ribbons on sale and found Gorgeous brown sparkle ribbon (gotta have that sparkle!) - that did the trick.  I cut my rosettes from Cricut Ribbons and Rosettes cart. "Celebrate Love" is cut from Lyrical Letters and I really can't remember where the hearts came from, but you can use any heart.


Once you have everything cut, now you get to assemble the wreath!  I kept moving things around and moving things around until I found the configuration I liked... I tied a sheer ribbon on the top to hang the wreath.  Here is the final product!
So Pretty!

3 comments:

  1. Love how the wreath turned out. Beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning Elise, I love the way you put all the elements together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! And the brown ribbon is perfect!

    ReplyDelete